The Tenting and Caravanning Membership, the oldest and largest Membership for all types of tenting within the UK, has grown to a membership of 300,000 households for the primary time in its lengthy historical past.
The Membership, which was based in 1901, has grown by greater than 5% every year within the final two years alone to succeed in this landmark determine. And with every family membership together with as much as two adults plus youngsters, the Membership now represents the pursuits of greater than 750,000 campers, caravanners and motorcaravanners within the UK.
Membership President Julia Bradbury
Various elements have helped contribute to the Membership’s ongoing success: these embody heat summers in recent times, decrease gas costs and wider vary of tenting and glamping choices, all of which imply the British ‘staycation’ is booming.
Issue within the more and more luxurious and easy-to-use tenting and caravanning tools obtainable right now, plus the development towards reconnecting with nature and switching off from busy day-to-day life, and it’s straightforward to see why tenting and caravanning is all the craze proper now.
According to these traits, the Membership has seen a rise in motorhomers, caravanners and tent campers pitching up on its community of over 100 award-winning Membership Websites in 2017, with pitch night time gross sales up 9% yr to this point in comparison with 2016.
Robert Louden MBE, the Membership’s Director Normal, mentioned: “Tenting has advanced from fundamental tools to a life-style selection for thousands and thousands of individuals. The tenting and caravanning sector is prospering, with campsites welcoming extra guests from each the UK and additional afield this summer time.
“The arduous work of everybody concerned with The Tenting and Caravanning Membership to ship distinctive customer support – from our UK Vacation Website Groups and abroad Rally Stewards, to our military of volunteers and devoted, pleasant workers at Membership Headquarters – together with nice improvements equivalent to our Digital Membership providing beginning at simply £38 per yr, have all contributed massively to this success.”
Julia Bradbury, Membership President, TV presenter and outside fanatic, mentioned: “I’m thrilled to affix in with the celebrations because the Membership hits this historic milestone.
“The advantages of tenting have remained the identical all through the Membership’s historical past; at a time when extra of us wish to swap off from know-how, getting outside and spending high quality time with family and friends is extra essential than ever. We’re now a Membership of greater than 750,000 individuals, nonetheless they select to camp.”
Customer numbers from holidaymakers to the UK elevated by 21.1% within the first three months of 2017*, with a document 8.three million visits, an increase of practically 10% on the identical interval in 2016*.
In consequence, the Membership’s Non permanent Abroad Membership has skilled sturdy development this yr. It’s obtainable to abroad guests and consists of reductions on Membership and Tenting in The Forest Websites, and likewise offers entry to smaller, member-only Certificated Websites.
Membership membership begins from £38 a yr and extends to 2 adults plus youngsters residing on the similar deal with. Member advantages embody reductions of as much as 30% on Membership Website tenting, household offers, entry to a devoted Journey Service that arranges and books journey for greater than 80,000 members every year in Europe and additional afield, reductions on ferry crossings, tailored insurance coverage merchandise, retail and attraction reductions and way more.
For extra info on membership, and to affix the Membership, go to: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub/.
For additional media info or photographs contact:
Rob Ganley on 024 7647 5204 or email@example.com
Andrew Robson on 024 7467 5291 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Editors
- The Tenting and Caravanning Membership is 116-years-old and is the most important and oldest Membership on the earth for all types of tenting. It has 106 award-winning websites all through the UK and, by means of a partnership with the Forestry Fee, now runs and manages an additional 16 Tenting within the Forest touring websites.
- At 110 years outdated, Tenting & Caravanning journal is the oldest title on the earth for every type of tenting.
- Become involved: for the newest information, info and inspiration from The Tenting and Caravanning Membership, and to have interaction with those that’ve loved holidays with the Membership, go to www.facebook.com/thefriendlyclub, www.twitter.com/campandcaravan, www.youtube.com/thefriendlyclub, or try our new Instagram web page www.instagram.com/campandcaravan.
- For info on membership and becoming a member of the Membership, go to: www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/jointheclub.
- The Tenting and Caravanning Membership was recognised on the CIPR Midlands PRide Awards 2016, successful Gold within the Greatest Use of Social Media class for its annual Nationwide Tenting and Caravanning Week marketing campaign (www.nccw.co.uk), and Silver within the Excellent In-Home Public Relations Workforce class. The CIPR PRide Awards function nationwide and recognise excellence in public relations and communications amongst throughout Scotland, Wales, Northern Eire and 6 English areas.